Posted 7 months ago by peq / 31 views
Services for children and young people
Therapy and counselling
- Low mood
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Fears and Phobias
- Separation anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Family breakdown
- Self harm
- Difficulties with managing school stresses including bullying
- Trauma or abuse
- Problems with eating, sleeping or toileting
- Chronic illness
- Difficulties coping with school
We offer help to families coping with relationship difficulties or other challenges. This includes therapy recommended through the Federal Circuit Court or Family Court..
Educational assessment and assessment of learning.
We assess children and young people who have:
- Specific learning difficulties, such as dyslexia
- Problems with attention and concentration
- Problems with memory
- Complex learning needs
- Learning disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Significant areas of ability and may be gifted or talented.
We can also assess children for school readiness.
Range of available tests
- Wechsler family of tests which provide a very comprehensive overall assessment of a child’ s or young person’ s ability and academic skills.
- ADOS-2 and ADI-R
- Tests of Adaptive Behaviour which can be helpful to provide information about the capacities of children and young people who have an intellectual disability or complex needs.
- Non-verbal assessment of ability (Leiter-3) for children or young people with communication or language difficulties.
- We also use a range of more specialised tests and questionnaires which look at the child’ s behaviour, attention, memory and emotional functioning.